One thought from an interview with Matt Lucas really struck me. Inevitably, there was a question about how you follow up a series as successful as LB was1. Lucas commented, on topping LB:
Can we do something as big as that? No. Can we do something better than that? Certainly.
And there’s the rub: whatever we’re setting out to create, the aim should never be about creating something bigger, simply creating something better.
Striving for size and reach will bring pressures and compromises; striving for quality will not only better ensure excellence, but also come with its own–much wider–rewards and may end up being both bigger and better.
Some other posts you might like:
- Can Creativity Be Forced?
- Here’s to 30 Days of New Creation – Are You In?
- PotW: Asymmetrical Mass Favours in Crowdfunding
- Enhance Your Creative Productivity With Your Own Inspiration Pathway
- and love it or hate it, you can’t deny its success [↩]